Saturday, March 12, 2016

March 11, 2016


Hi yesterday my group members and I participated in an activity that helped us learn more about the two genres that we were looking into. We sat in groups of six and discussed the common characteristics  of teen drama and horror. This group activity helped our group decide that we are going in the horror/thriller or mystery genre direction. My group and I are still coming up with our plot, but we are meeting up this weekend to come up with an idea. From this activity along with other research this is what I learned about the horror/thriller genre. The thriller genre is based on prevention of a crime before it has been committed. 

1)   There are three main story subdivisions of a thriller. 
·      Death and rebirth 
·      The hero making life normal again 
·      A quest to make life better
2)   Write about someone who has a lot to lose
·      Protagonist must have a lot to lose to make your story interesting
3)   Give multiple point of views
4)   Develop characters wants and fears
5)   Have main characters emotions change throughout your plot

These are some good examples of thriller film openings: 



Throughout my research I learned good tips for writing a thriller. Also I learned how to compromise with my group members because I wanted to do a teen drama but after we discussed it and I realized that doing a horror/thriller would be the better option.
Talk to you soon, 
Caroline 








No comments:

Post a Comment